Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 12:32 AM

Default A bill that BCPVP and Vulturesrow will love

Bill calls for reporting of sexually active teens:

JEFFERSON CITY - A bill that seeks to overhaul Missouri's child abuse reporting laws could require teachers, doctors, nurses and others to report sexually active teenagers and children to the state's abuse hot line.

Until Monday, the bill had been sailing through the Legislature with little formal debate. It was scheduled for a House vote this morning, but on Monday the bill's author sent it back to committee for revisions.

Critics say the bill offers confusing and unnecessary changes to a law that has been in place for years. The bill's sponsor, Rep. Richard Byrd, R-Kirkwood, said the legislation offers a needed fix to a child abuse reporting law that has recently been contested in court.

Perhaps the most controversial provision of the bill is one that many say would require educators, medical personnel and other professionals to report "substantial evidence of sexual intercourse by an unmarried minor under the age of consent."

Read more here:

article
Old 03-16-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: A bill that BCPVP and Vulturesrow will love

Two comments:

-I was wondering how the school would come into possession of "substantial evidence of sexual intercourse."

-I was wondering how I could come into possession of "substantial evidence of sexual intercourse."