Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 04:17 AM

Default After a 3-month Poker Break, I feel like I\'m starting from scratch

I 4-table 1/2 6max. I plan on reading every post made in this forum and posting hands, but to start off I'd like to know if anything stands out in my stats over the last two weeks (16k hands).

It's really pissing me off that I'm losing. I used to be able to clear 3 BB/100 4-tabling while watching movies or talking on the phone.

VPIP 17.21
PFR 11.38
BB/100 <font color="red">0.47</font>

<font color="blue">Aggression</font>:

Flop 3.87
Turn 2.35
River 1.62
Total (PF not included) 2.31

<font color="blue">By position</font>:

SB <font color="red">BB/hand 0.13</font>, <font color="orange">VPIP 25.75</font>, <font color="purple">PFR 11.17</font>
BB <font color="red">0.15</font>, <font color="orange">13.11</font> <font color="purple">9.54</font>
UTG <font color="green">0.07</font>, <font color="orange">9.61</font>, <font color="purple">9.61</font>
MP <font color="green">0.05</font>, <font color="orange">11.58</font>, <font color="purple">10.91</font>
CO <font color="green">0.09</font>, <font color="orange">17.34</font>, <font color="purple">14.02</font>
Button <font color="green">0.10</font>, <font color="orange">21.08</font>, <font color="purple">12.22</font>
Old 02-19-2005, 06:25 AM

Default Re: After a 3-month Poker Break, I feel like I\'m starting from scratch

Oh yeah, I'm WTSD 31.99, and W$@SD 56.52

Surely I'm PFRing the BB too often .. yeah?
Old 02-19-2005, 06:55 AM

You could stand to loosen up 4-5 vpip points. Beyond that most issues are probably postflop. Only cure for those is hand discussion.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:40 AM

Whenever I start losing I either a) step down limits, b) play less tables or c) stop for a day.

a isn't really an option at party. I recommend b, to focus on each table harder. Not sure if you are using playerview or not (I currently don't), but I assume that really helps with reads on multitabling. If you are only playing 2 tables, it's really easy to handle all the reads on everyone if you aren't using playerview. Your flop aggression seems relatively high.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I'm WTSD 31.99, and W$@SD 56.52

Surely I'm PFRing the BB too often .. yeah?

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 40k+ hands at lower limits at a healthy winrate, my WTSD was 38-39 and W$SD was 52-53.

Different style than you, but you are folding a lot of winners.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:44 PM

You're insanely tight for 1/2 6max. Players with a VPIP that low are often taken advantage of by decent TAGs and thinking LAGs. My guess is you aren't defending your blinds enough, but that's hard to say. You could just be running bad as well.

Rob
Old 02-19-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're insanely tight for 1/2 6max. Players with a VPIP that low are often taken advantage of by decent TAGs and thinking LAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really good point, though most players there aren't good enough to really punish you. Still you'll often have trouble getting paid off whenever an ace flops b/c everyone knows the odds of you having an ace or pocket pair is 95%.

You need to get VP$IP up to at least 25% and can probably do it by limping medium-high SCs and any PP. Don't do this of course if there is a TAG/LAG behind, but this isn't a problem all that frequently at 1/2.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really good point, though most players there aren't good enough to really punish you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true -- I just know that when I'm at a good table and I see a 17/10 guy sit on my left, I'm ok with it (as long as the table is still good). I'm much more annoyed when a 24/15 guy sits down, as I know it'll be much harder for me to steal their blinds and gain position.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're insanely tight for 1/2 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto... i played a few thousand hands at 1/2 a little while ago to clear a bonus, and my vpip was up around 5-6% from 5-10 (and even more from 10/20) b/c theres so little raising that you can limp with a lot more hands, and also value raise a lot of hands in position since there'll be a few limpers to you rather than a raise up front. also you can play more margainal hands b/c the LAGs seem just completely stupid, and they raise just to raise, without any discretion. Meaning you can consider their hands random, and call down HU with a lot of weak (but better than random) hands at +EV... also with your stonger hands its pretty easy to get it capped on just about every street when they're drawing dead.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:38 PM

I feel like I'm pushing the VPIP a tad further than I'm comfortable with, so here are some hands I just tried, but probably would have folded yesterday. All w/ 6 players at the table, and are limps unless otherwise noted. The tables I'm playing are generally 50% vpip, 5% PFR:

1) 2 limpers, played 87s on Button

2) 1 limper, played K6s on CO

3) 1 limper, played A5s in MP (table was at 40% VPIP)

4) Folded to me, <font color="red">raised</font> 66 on CO

5) 2 limpers, K2s on Button

6) 3 limpers, played J9o in SB

7) 1 limper, Q8o on button

8) folded to me, <font color="red">raised</font> A5o on button

9) UTG raises, MP calls, I <font color="blue">fold</font> 98s in the SB

10) UTG raises, 2 callers, I play 43s in the BB

11) 3 limpers, played A5o in SB (ended up hitting the nut flush =])

12) UTG raise, folded around to me, I called the BB with A9o

13) UTG raise, one caller, I plaly A9s on the button

14) UTG limps, I play A7s from MP. Folded to the SB who raises, BB and UTG call, and I call for one extra bet as well.