Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Ax Suited - Mistakes?

Party Poker $0.15/$0.30 (9 handed) converter didn't work, had to hand jam bets.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villain is SB and has seen 57% after 19 hands with three previous preflop raises.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.Villain raises, BB Folds, Hero and Remaining 5 Players Call.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero Bets, 3 Players and Villain Limp. 2 Folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero Bets, UTG+1 Limps, MP1 Folds, CO Limps, Villain Raises, Hero 3Bets, UTG+1 Folds, CO calls, Villian Caps, Hero and CO call.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villain Bets, Hero Raises, CO Folds, Villain 3Bets, Hero Caps, Villain Calls.

Final Pot: 31BB

Thoughts: Preflop, I played this out of position, but with the late raise and 7 players already VP$IP I have no problems calling a raise here. Flop, no reason not to bet a set with an ace kicker. Turn and river, I hit the boat, but is capping twice wrong here? I see a couple of worst case scenarios (AA/A9/99), but I assume I am crushing this and bet accordingly.

Edit: Wan't looking as I typed my thoughts: AA/99/88 would be the ones to watch. (Thanks to posters for pointing this out)

Results in white below:
<font color="#FFFFFF"> MHIG, Villain Shows Flush with a 10 and a 4 of Clubs. This is a preflop raise, I'm wondering if it's ok to assume your opponent is an idiot until proven otherwise. </font>
Old 12-15-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Ax Suited - Mistakes?

Preflop limp is OK at a loose table, provided you're able to get away from it on the flop if you don't make a strong draw, two pair or better. After that I pretty much play it the same. You actually beat A9 on this board, you know. AA, 99 or 88 are the only hands you have to fear by the river. The likelyhood of his having a high PP, AK, or a flush is too high to stop betting here.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:46 PM

One combo of AA, 6 combos of A9, 3 combos of 99. You're behind to only 4 hands (if I'm correct). If he had AA or 99, I'd think he'd at least c/r you on the flop. Is he on a flush draw...KTs or better or two pair? I think you played this well. nh.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:11 PM

*grunch*
Since Villain was SB I assume you limped and it limped around to the folder? I play the same.

Flop: Standard.

Turn: I think Villain has a nice A, or possibly KQ with at least one club. I don't imagine he'd check with AA on the flop except to c/r. I put my mouse on the raise button and hold it down.

River: I play the same.

(Just checked results). I add note, "raises with anything, apparently." I chuckle evilly and wish I had physical chips to fondle after that pot.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Just checked results). I add note, "raises with anything, apparently." I chuckle evilly and wish I had physical chips to fondle after that pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, nh. To the OP. Add the note and put this guy on your buddies list!
Old 12-15-2005, 06:06 PM

I sometimes limp Axs here, but really like a card higher than 7. Calling 1 back is OK with so many passive limpers.

From the flop on - I'm petitioning for a temporary removal of the cap.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:54 PM

I don't like this PF limp, but if there is hardly any PF raising and lots of callers, you can get away with it--this is completely table dependent though. You do not have a set on the flop, you have trips--a much weaker hand. However, since it is a trip 3's it is unlikely anyone else has it. You have the best hand on the turn and if at anypoint you stop adding money here, you should consider playing tetris instead of poker [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 06:57 PM

I would fold preflop but at .15/.30 suited aces are stronger against your typical opponent. The rest I play about the same way you did, cap that turn and river every time if you like money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BBB
Old 12-15-2005, 09:26 PM

the entire hand is gooot. i don't get the question.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:31 PM

Ahhh.... The Party beginner tables. Brings back such fond memories. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]