Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Hero raises and folds... preflop

I'm UTG it's a preety aggressive 1/2 game. I raise UTG with ATo (should I muck it if there are so many aggressive players?), comes back capped and I fold. Is this OK?
I can be easily dominated and probably won't get free cards to draw for a straight. I think I'd have called if it weren't offsuit.
Any metagame considerations? Should I leave this table as I'm now labeled as ultra tightie and weak?
Old 04-11-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Hero raises and folds... preflop

If its a super agressive game, no you shouldn't fold...you could easily have the best hand, or at least one that is drawing live. Depending on your opponents, I wouldn't be surprised to see the reraiser have KQ and someone with 88 or 99 capping it. Play carefully if you flop an ace and call down...don't get too out of line, but if you are calling 2 to win 10, so that's 5-1 and you don't figure to be a 5-1 dog against too many hands in a super agressive game that you mention.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Hero raises and folds... preflop

I wouldn't do anything at Party 1/2 (say) for metagame reasons. There's too great of table selection, that you can easily pick up and leave if you start to feel that the table is taking shots at you.