Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 12:00 AM

Default 30-60 Stud Hand: Maximizing a Monster (Light Content)

Anyone wait till later streets to press these rolled up trips? My opponents' play was interesting to say the least.

Jeff

PokerStars Game #1712843389: 7 Card Stud Limit ($30/$60) - 2005/05/16 - 23:52:38 (ET)
Table 'Gothlandia'
Seat 1: lily420 ($936 in chips)
Seat 2: easynina ($458.50 in chips)
Seat 3: promise land ($204 in chips)
Seat 4: Obie13 ($4864.75 in chips)
Seat 5: faichen128 ($411 in chips)
Seat 7: jeffage ($3434 in chips)
Seat 8: LukeFree ($595 in chips)
lily420: posts the ante $5
easynina: posts the ante $5
promise land: posts the ante $5
Obie13: posts the ante $5
faichen128: posts the ante $5
jeffage: posts the ante $5
LukeFree: posts the ante $5
*** 3rd STREET ***
Dealt to lily420 [Qh]
Dealt to easynina [5d]
Dealt to promise land [6d]
Dealt to Obie13 [7s]
Dealt to faichen128 [8d]
Dealt to jeffage [4h 4s 4d]
Dealt to LukeFree [9d]
jeffage: brings-in low $10
LukeFree: calls $10
lily420: raises $20 to $30
easynina: folds
promise land: raises $30 to $60
Obie13: folds
faichen128: folds
jeffage: calls $50
LukeFree: folds
lily420: raises $30 to $90
promise land: raises $30 to $120
Betting is capped
jeffage: calls $60
lily420: calls $30
*** 4th STREET ***
Dealt to lily420 [Qh] [5c]
Dealt to promise land [6d] [7c]
Dealt to jeffage [4h 4s 4d] [Ac]
jeffage: checks
lily420: bets $30
promise land: raises $30 to $60
jeffage: raises $30 to $90
lily420: calls $60
promise land: calls $19 and is all-in
*** 5th STREET ***
Dealt to lily420 [Qh 5c] [3c]
Dealt to promise land [6d 7c] [Ad]
Dealt to jeffage [4h 4s 4d Ac] [Qc]
jeffage: bets $60
*** 6th STREET ***
Dealt to lily420 [Qh 5c 3c] [3s]
Dealt to promise land [6d 7c Ad] [5h]
Dealt to jeffage [4h 4s 4d Ac Qc] [7h]
lily420: bets $60
jeffage: raises $60 to $120
*** RIVER ***
Dealt to jeffage [4h 4s 4d Ac Qc 7h] [9c]
lily420: checks
jeffage: bets $60
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jeffage: shows [4h 4s 4d Ac Qc 7h 9c] (three of a kind, Fours)
lily420: mucks hand
jeffage collected $502 from side pot
promise land: mucks hand
jeffage collected $639 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1144 Main pot $639. Side pot $502. | Rake $3
Seat 1: lily420 mucked [Jc Qd Qh 5c 3c 3s Jd]
Seat 2: easynina folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 3: promise land mucked [6s Tc 6d 7c Ad 5h Ks]
Seat 4: Obie13 folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 5: faichen128 folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 7: jeffage showed [4h 4s 4d Ac Qc 7h 9c] and won ($1141) with three of a kind, Fours
Seat 8: LukeFree folded on the 3rd Street
Old 05-17-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: 30-60 Stud Hand: Maximizing a Monster (Light Content)

Once anyone has show a willingness to raise on 3rd, I never slowplay low trips. They will put you on a big pair in the hole every time.

Your hand was that rare perfect situation where some short stack has decided to go all in with his pair. You get to keep everyone in the hand on the installment plan.

Nice going! Glad they held up.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:06 AM

7 Card Stud High ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___folds

4th Street - (16.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls $19 and is all-in
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises

5th Street - (12.57 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___all-in
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (14.57 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___all-in
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

River - (18.57 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (20.57 BB)

Results:
Total pot $1144 Main pot $639. Side pot $502. | Rake $3

Seat 1: [Jc Qd Qh 5c 3c 3s Jd]

Seat 3: [6s Tc 6d 7c Ad 5h Ks]

Hero: [4h 4s 4d Ac Qc 7h 9c] (three of a kind, Fours)
Old 05-17-2005, 04:07 AM

Thanks, greenage. Looks good to me.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Hello,Jeff! Everyone was already tied in on 4th--Hence,,

no one was leaving . The pot was already made. Nice play on 4th. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Congratulations on ur take down! I believe that u MAX ur profit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
SittingBull
Old 05-19-2005, 12:50 AM

Hi Jeffage,

Interesting hand...promised land is one of the better players in this game (and is pretty tight
), so I'm suprised that he was doing this with just a pair of 6s, looks like he was steaming because he was short stacked. I am also really suprised that there were 8 people playing...I have literally never seen this happen at PS even afte playing in the game for about 100 hours.

3rd street was fine, but I'm not too sure about 4th. The pot is so big that if there was any reasonable chance that the Qs would fold to your check raise, then that was the correct play, but given that the Qs 3 bet 3rd, it seems highly unlikely that he will fold for $60. So without a short stacked player, I'd just smooth call 4th and let the other 2 players keep raising each other until a big bet street. But when you check raise the short stacked player, it looks like you might be trying to get heads up with an all-in player with a weak hand in a huge pot. This means that once the Q calls, you can probably get in a check raise on 5th. When your Ace fell dead, and you caught a dead Q, that was absolutly the best possible opportunity to go for a check raise, since it would really look like you were just semi bluffing.

Regards,
Carlos
Old 05-19-2005, 09:09 AM

Carlos,

This game will fill up if people sit! If a couple people sit in the evening hours, it attracts a crowd...people want to play! Please sit when it's short as much as possible. I will try to support the game also (not that I really want to play you, but I want a game lol).

Jeff
Old 05-19-2005, 05:33 PM

This is slightly off-topic, so I apologize. I noticed you have the 'mucked hands' identified. I understand you can do this in pokerstars by requesting the hand history. However, I am wondering if there is a program out there that does this automatically in real-time for you? I know there is for hold'em, but haven't seen one for stud yet.

Thanks!
Jeff
Old 05-19-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, greenage. Looks good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well, how does Seat 1's play from 5th St on look to you? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

If I were hero I prolly would've bet straight out on 4th, but I always did prefer hammers to scalpels. Dunno if it'd've made any diff anyhow.

Is this really a typical hand for Stars 30? Man, ....
Old 05-19-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The pot is so big that if there was any reasonable chance that the Qs would fold to your check raise, then that was the correct[?] play, but given that the Qs 3 bet 3rd, it seems highly unlikely that he will fold for $60. So without a short stacked player, I'd just smooth call 4th and let the other 2 players keep raising each other until a big bet street. But when you check raise the short stacked player, it looks like you might be trying to get heads up with an all-in player with a weak hand in a huge pot. This means that once the Q calls, you can probably get in a check raise on 5th. When your Ace fell dead, and you caught a dead Q, that was absolutely the best possible opportunity to go for a check raise, since it would really look like you were just semi bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Carlos,

A: Don't you actually want to play your baby trips headup against QQ?

B: I agree w/the check raise 5th-4th was a semi-bluff logic, but wouldn't that be better facilitated by betting out on 4th when the A hit?