Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 08:37 PM

Default I just noticed something on ESPN coverage......

They just ran the episode again(and again) where they reached the bubble of the main event. I noticed something in the background of the hand where the last player was eliminated. As the guy stands up one of the railbirds is holding the big "L" up to his forehead. I'm sure he was signaling to the masses that they have just got to the money, but..... if that was me and a bystander behind me did that all things considered I might have to drop him. How would you respond; same situation?
Old 11-01-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: I just noticed something on ESPN coverage......

[ QUOTE ]
They just ran the episode again(and again) where they reached the bubble of the main event. I noticed something in the background of the hand where the last player was eliminated. As the guy stands up one of the railbirds is holding the big "L" up to his forehead. I'm sure he was signaling to the masses that they have just got to the money, but..... if that was me and a bystander behind me did that all things considered I might have to drop him. How would you respond; same situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg's going to have to sacrifice the contents of his Big Gulp because I grab it and the obnoxious spectator gets it.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:51 PM

yeah, Im pretty sure he'd be down. I'd walk over to him, whisper "I'll buy you a new one in a sec" and douse that mofo with it.

What an ass.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but..... if that was me and a bystander behind me did that all things considered I might have to drop him. How would you respond; same situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't notice, and neither would anyone else who posts in this thread. That's just not something you're going to see. If you go out on the bubble in the main event, my guess is you're barely noticing that you're alive.

Regards,

T
Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 PM

you know you have a point.

Im pretty sure I'd go be upset somewhere
Old 11-01-2005, 10:47 PM

Yeah, you're probably right.

Even so, guy definitely deserves an Airplane drinking problem Big Gulp all at once.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:11 PM

I would look at him and say you know I just made about 300k for playing a card game right? And laugh my ass off at him.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 PM

Well if he was on the bubble he wouldn't have made any money at all so that probably wouldn't work.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:30 PM

He did get a free entry for next yrs WSOP.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't notice, and neither would anyone else who posts in this thread. That's just not something you're going to see. If you go out on the bubble in the main event, my guess is you're barely noticing that you're alive.

[/ QUOTE ]
With the knowledge that I would be shown on television being the last guy to bust out before the money and known as such for the next year, if some jackass is making the "loser" sign in my face, I'd either punish him right there, with cameras rolling, or take him outside to 1. beat the living sh*t out of him, 2. roll him, 3. use his money to get in a side game, in that order.