Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 08:30 PM

Default My Brain AND Penis Is Confused

Ok so here's the thing.....

So I've been friend with this girl since I was 10, and I'm 19 now(that's 9 years of friendship for you math whizzes). We've never been a thing, nor have we ever messed around. We do spend a lot of time together usually and so everyone assumes that we're goin out, but it's never been that way. It's a platonic relationship. I mean, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to her; I try not to hang out with ugly girls. I have no idea about her liking me; never asked, but I mean I'm pretty sure there has to be some sort of attraction. I have a really good time when we hang out and I assume she has a good time, as well. We have a lot in common, i.e. ideals, attitudes, etc. Her family is awesome and her family loves me.

We obviously have our moments where we can't stand eachother, but we alwasy manage to forget about that [censored] and easily move on. We're the same age, but she's a year behind gradewise(I just finished sophmore year at school and she just finished freshman year). We do go to the same college, which is cool. At school we do not see each other as often as we do at home since we have our own friends and since at home we're neighbors.

She's on the field hockey down at school (back-to-back-to-back national champions, mind you) and has to go back for a couple days for a hockey game where the players are instructors of little kids and for a few more days to just hang out and party. And today she asked me if I wanted to make the 8 hour drive and go down to school with her. Obviously I'd see alot of my friends and chill with them and I'd clearly hang out with her on those nights when she wants to party since she probably won't do that during the camp.

So what am I do think of this? I've been getting this feeling from her of late that she's like "diggin" me, but I can't really tell with her as I usually can with girls I've just met.

Should I even go or will I look like her bitch? I mean, I want to see my friends down there and hang out since I won't see them for a while because I'm going abroad in the fall.

What are some other factors I need to consider in making this decision in whether to go or not?

P.S. She has good looking friends if nothing accumulates with her.

So, fellow OOTers, what do you think?
Old 05-23-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: My Brain AND Penis Is Confused

Stick it in...awww forget it
Old 05-23-2005, 08:38 PM

You will never go out with this girl. Don't even try. It will just ruin things. Move on to someone else. She will always consider you just a "big brother" type.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will never go out with this girl. Don't even try. It will just ruin things. Move on to someone else. She will always consider you just a "big brother" type.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats been my thinking for a long time
i was just unsure why she would ask me to go on an intense trip like this
Old 05-23-2005, 08:47 PM

this may sound juvenile, but just take her to a movie sometime. during the movie, look over at her all glazy eyed and such, if she looks back and you have that moment its all systems go. if she doesnt even notice that youre looking at her that way then its obvious its not gonna happen.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats been my thinking for a long time
i was just unsure why she would ask me to go on an intense trip like this

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even read that part, I just kinda skimmed. Seriously, if you've been friends for this long nothing will happen. Ever.

Even if you end up getting married to Cameron Diaz and she comes to your wedding to stop it, it will still end up horribly when she tries to kiss you because you will reject her and she'll go home with a gay man.

Seriously though, I'm stealing this from Buster's earlier post of just a song lyric, so here is "The Descendents - I'm the One"

I'M The One
I'Ve Been Here For You All Along
I'M The One
Who'S Shoulder You'Ve Been Cryin On

Nice Guys Finish Last
No One Knows As Good As Me
We'Re Just Good Friends
And You Come To Me For Sympathy
You Tell Me That I'M Not Your Type
Still You Call Me Late At Night
Everytime He Picks A Fight
After All He'S Said And All He'S Done

(chorus)

He'S A Total Dick
That'S The Truth And You Know I'M Right
From Everything You Say
Theres No Way He'Ll Ever Do You Right
You Love A Man Who Treats You Wrong
You Think You'Ll Change Him
But You'Re Wrong
He'Ll Use You He'Ll Say So Long
After All He'S Said And All He'S Done

(chorus)

I'M The One Who Wants You More Than Anything
You Don'T Feel The Same Way You Made It Clear To Me
But I'Ll Stand My Ground And Maybe
You'Ll Hear What I'Ve Been Sayin
After All I'Ve Said And All I'Ve Done

(chorus 2x)
Old 05-23-2005, 08:51 PM

sponger, so youre saying that its impossible for a good friendship to become nothing more? i really dont think "impossible" is the correct word here. granted, most women will never look at a guy in a sexual way if shes been friends with him for a long time. she entered a comfort level with you and there is no return.

however, for the op, i have heard from reliable sources that friendships that have lasted for like 7 years platonically, then turn into marriage, have a much less chance of survival than the national average, despite the fact that this seems against logic.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

however, for the op, i have heard from reliable sources that friendships that have lasted for like 7 years platonically, then turn into marriage, have a much less chance of survival than the national average, despite the fact that this seems against logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

that does seem odd
although id be lying if i said i didnt feel awkward during the first couple of intimate moments
Old 05-23-2005, 08:57 PM

It didn't work for Dawson and Joey...
Old 05-23-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It didn't work for Dawson and Joey...

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats cuz Dawson is a huge tool