Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 11:46 PM

Default The locked door trick

Appologies if this is common knowledge, I heard this for the first time tonight and I thought I would share.

So we all know that women have many tricks for seeing whether a guy is a keeper or not. Well here is one for the guys.

When you pick up a girl on a first date, get out of your car and lock the doors. Then when you walk back to the car with her, unlock her door with the key, not the remote thing, and open it to let her in. Then walk around the BACK of the car (takes more time) and watch through the rear window to see whether or not she unlocks your door by hitting the button (or reaching across if you're car is sad enough not to have power locks). If she does it, it means she is interested enough to look out for you and have some common courtesy. If she doesn't... well... she may not be worth your time.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: The locked door trick

Yea this is from a movie, and the quote is in an ataris song to i believe. It works better withought automatic doors though

Edit- its from a bronx tale
Old 05-29-2005, 11:51 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

that's kind an unfair way to judge interest. considering women have a difficult time with doors, and their complicated locks.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's kind an unfair way to judge interest. considering women have a difficult time with doors, and their complicated locks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!
Old 05-29-2005, 11:55 PM

Especially around cars, where there are multiple mirrors and other shiny objects all over to distract them.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially around cars, where there are multiple mirrors and other shiny objects all over to distract them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Everyone knows they are especially confused when in cars.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:58 PM

I really like when a girl unlocks my door for me. I always open doors for them and do gay stuff like that because I know how it feels to get that courtesy door unlock.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always open doors for them and do gay stuff like that because I know how it feels to get that courtesy door unlock.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love your use of the word gay in the sentence. that's great. im on board w/ nothumb w/ the use of it but i can appreciate the humor in using it in this context.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like when a girl unlocks my door for me. I always open doors for them and do gay stuff like that because I know how it feels to get that courtesy door unlock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i agree. I will open a girl's door every time I'm out with her. If she does something like reach around and open the door just once for me it really feels good.

I'm a huge sucker for girls that will put moves on me or go out of their way for me. I won't get into a real relationship with a girl unless she's shown that she will go out of her way for me. Even opening the door once or some other act that's usually a chivalrous guy thing is enough.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:27 AM

I agree. The "extra effort" thing is very cool, and it's not good when it only goes one way. It's messed up if you don't appreciate the value of those little things, whether you're male or female.

If you can't do these kinds of small, thoughtful courtesies for others, or think you shouldn't because you're hot stuff or the female or whatever, then you could be the Princess of Monaco herself, and still you wouldn't have any class.