Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 04:00 AM

Default A Good Book About Betting?

Hey all- I have read a whole lot of poker books, but most are missing probably the most important aspect of holdem, betting! I just got done with 'Harrington on Holdem' probably the best poker book i have read, but still the amount on betting still leaves some to be desired. watching the shows has helped, but i was hoping to find some real good reading on it, any suggestions?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: A Good Book About Betting?

Well I'm still a bit of a n00b live, but I usually aim for a single, flowing forward motion that exudes confidence. Online I'm way more of a pro, and can run all the way across the room AND click the mouse before my time runs out. I didn't get ANY of this from books. Hope this helps and welcome to the forums!
Old 03-23-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: A Good Book About Betting?

i don't think you're going to find a better book than HOH when it comes to betting. there is a ton of good advice in there. reference the chart on p.346.... if you commit that to memory and understand how to apply it you'll be in pretty good shape. there's also good info about continuation bets, the squeeze play bet, the hammer raise against a super-aggro, and other betting strategies.