Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 04:20 AM

Default TT and pretending I have an A.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.70 BB

I should of taken a free card on the turn correct? I think it's a yes. Fold on river UI? Dunno about that one.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: TT and pretending I have an A.

Versus a LP this is allright. Versus a LAG I would check behind turn and call a riverbet, because it sucks to get check/raised with a gutshot and maybe 2 T outs.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Versus a LP this is allright. Versus a LAG I would check behind turn and fold to a riverbet, because it sucks to get check/raised with a gutshot and maybe 2 T outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-05-2005, 04:49 AM

And if this LAG is capable of betting this river with: missed FD, missed gutshot, K8, 99, 77, 66, 44 ?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And if this LAG is capable of betting this river with: missed FD, missed gutshot, K8, 99, 77, 66, 44 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

he probably is capable. but the pot would only be 4.7BB, i dont think thats big enough for us to call.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:37 AM

first, i like this line against a lag. i agree with screwplayer that checking the turn is probably better, as getting c/r here sucks the balls. However, if this guy is really that laggy, we need to call the river occasionaly as a lag will autobet the river with lots of things, and the pot will be 5.7BBs at that point. Big enough to warrent a consideration.

Against a LP, im more in favor of checking the turn simply cause most lps dont open raise with many hands we beat. While we are very unlikely to get c/r, i also think our bet has little FE, and almost no value. Also, if a LP bets on the river, i think we rarely have to call, and most LPs will check this river with most of their lesser hands, and we can take a free showdown.

peace

john nickle