Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 05:30 AM

Default JJ in CO help?

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (15.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, ($0.50)MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

BLAH! i guess bells should have been going off with the 6's? but the results sorta surprised me. recommendations?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: JJ in CO help?

I call the 3-bet on the flop here(not cap), and fold when MP1 wakes up on the turn. If it was heads up I would call the 3-bet, and call down from there. If he didn't bet a street, I would.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call the 3-bet on the flop here(not cap), and fold when MP1 wakes up on the turn. If it was heads up I would call the 3-bet, and call down from there. If he didn't bet a street, I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly how I play it heads-up, and I like folding when MP2 wakes up but I'd be lying if I said I don't personally have a difficult time doing it.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:17 AM

I would call down once bet into on the turn. I don't like folding here. Villian could be going crazy on a club draw, smaller pair etc, not necessarily a 6. Checking the turn supports this. MP2's bet could mean anything, I think a PP or straight draw. Reads would be good here to see what sort of stuff he would play and how he'd play it.
I dont like the raise here on the turn, but since you did, I think i'd take the free showdown, since they probably aren't calling you down with nothing, and a c/r on the river would suck.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:46 AM

Flop is okay, but calling the 3-bet isn't too bad.
Call the turn.
Check the river.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:47 AM

Flop is okay, but calling the 3-bet seems okay too.

Call the turn. MP1 could be setting up for a c/r or slowing down with a smaller PP. You don't gain much by raising then, and MP2 could easily 3-bet.

Check the river.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:35 AM

This is a nice hand IMO. Tough to read some of these guys, but I like the cap on the flop and I like the turn raise. If I have KK or AA I might call the flop and check raise the turn as in that case I wouldn't have to fear overcard outs. With the Jacks, though, you gotta block against the overs.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the turn. MP1 could be setting up for a c/r or slowing down with a smaller PP. You don't gain much by raising then, and MP2 could easily 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really that concerned about a check/raise? There is a good chance we have 11 outs to improve on the river, and if we have the best hand now, a bet is absolutely invaluable.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:12 PM

Ummm.

I think you went a little crazy here.

When you're three bet on the flop it probably means 6 or flush draw. Capping is OK but I don't love it.

When MP2 bets into you on the turn you have to start crapping your pants. This looks like a made str8. What else would he have called all that flush action for? It takes major balls for anybody to bluff bet that turn into you when you capped the flop. It will rarely happen with a sane player. You are 90% likely to be drawing to 2 outs. I think folding here would be fine considering the likelihood of having the 3rd best hand and possibly getting C/Red by MP1. Raising is probably the last thing I would have done. I think your hand is best here about 10% of the time.

Obviously sonsidering my concern over the turn action I take the free showdown every time.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you went a little crazy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, call the turn call the river.