Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Flopped set of ducks whats your play to maximize pot

1-2NL AC Effective stacks 350 (I have everyone way covered)
I limp in MP with 2 2.

Flop is 9 2 A two diamonds

SB checks, BB checks, whats your action with 3 people left to act after you?
Old 10-03-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Flopped set of ducks whats your play to maximize pot

Pot sized bet, to charge draws at least, and hope someone paired their A and comes along.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:20 AM

Pot it.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:23 AM

Anyone like overbetting here?
Old 10-03-2005, 11:29 AM

I have no game between pot-sized bet and push. Would depend a lot on reads, I would think. How was the table?
Old 10-03-2005, 11:54 AM

2/3 to pot size bet. Overbet is interesting looks like you have a hand and are protecting against a flush (though to some it may look like a semi-bluff I guess), but in a limped pot I doubt there any big Aces out there to think about calling you, though maybe you catch an A9 or A2 looking you up. Was the ace a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? If Ace was the non diamond, an Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would most likely call an overbet as well.

Overall though I would bet enough to make it bad for a draw to call you, but small enough to still maybe get a call from a donk who will chase a draw at a bad price. Bet around the pot somewhere. I like the overbet better in a raised pot.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:29 PM

Default PART II

[ QUOTE ]
2/3 to pot size bet. Overbet is interesting looks like you have a hand and are protecting against a flush (though to some it may look like a semi-bluff I guess), but in a limped pot I doubt there any big Aces out there to think about calling you, though maybe you catch an A9 or A2 looking you up. Was the ace a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? If Ace was the non diamond, an Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would most likely call an overbet as well.

Overall though I would bet enough to make it bad for a draw to call you, but small enough to still maybe get a call from a donk who will chase a draw at a bad price. Bet around the pot somewhere. I like the overbet better in a raised pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I overbet
My rationale
Im the big stack. I've been very aggressive and bullying people out of pots. I lead for 25 into a 12 dollar pot
I got checkraised to 60. Whats your plan now....
Old 10-03-2005, 01:43 PM

Do you think Someone has a strong A? I think it depends on your image at the table. If your seen as argessive, an overbet might work if not it might throw up alarms if it doesn't fit your typical play.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:45 PM

Make a pot-sized bet to start with.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: PART II

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I overbet
My rationale
Im the big stack. I've been very aggressive and bullying people out of pots. I lead for 25 into a 12 dollar pot
I got checkraised to 60. Whats your plan now....

[/ QUOTE ]

i 3 bet to 140. villain likes his hand and you have an aggro image on the table. with any luck he may push if you 3 bet which is just what we'd want in this situation. given the action so far, there are a lot of cards which i don't want to see drop on the turn.