Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Top 2 vs. donk

Villain is a donk who plays badly, but I have no stats. Sometimes he's too aggressive, sometimes too passive, other times just bad decisions. The other guy is all-in on the turn.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (12.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.70 BB
Old 11-09-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Top 2 vs. donk

Looks just about right. He leads the river after you've capped so I'd be scared of a set.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks just about right. He leads the river after you've capped so I'd be scared of a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated his river bet after my cap. But I suppose he has A4/A2 often enough for this to be a crying call?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated his river bet after my cap. But I suppose he has A4/A2 often enough for this to be a crying call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see this as a crying call at all. We're talking about deuces or a thoroughly slowplayed AA/KK, that's pretty much it. I think folding would be truly awful.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:38 PM

No way I'm folding this one for one more bet. It can be a lower two pair enough.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:48 PM

FWIW I think you can probably raise again here...

Your read is pretty vague but even if we weigh AA/KK/AK at their full probabilities...

Board: Ad Kh 2h 4c
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 68.6118 % 63.21% 05.41% { AsKs }
Hand 2: 31.3882 % 25.98% 05.41% { KK+, 22, AKs, A4s, A2s, K4s, K2s, 53s, AKo, A4o, A2o, K4o, K2o }

And this implies that he's limping UTG with 53. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 07:58 PM

Against a donk I don't think I can not cap this, and I definitely don't do anything but call the river. I expect to win a good enough amount of the time even though sometimes donks will hit sets too.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I expect villain to showdown A4 here a lot of time. I fold the river never.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I expect villain to showdown A4 here a lot of time. I fold the river never.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's pretty erratic PF as well, you might even expect to see a 53s often enough. Or maybe I'm just cynical after coming off a super LP B&amp;M limpfest yesterday where it was impossible to put anybody on anything based on PF action.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:08 PM

Looks like the turn helped villains hand. You might see 44 here some of the time. Of course, all of this is player dependant. Depending on the player, you might even be able to raise the river after the turn cap. I probably would play it the same way except I would just call the 3-bet on the turn. He could be getting frisky with his 2-pair, but also could have hit a set on flop or turn to where you are drawing dead to 4 outs. When UTG leads into you like this on the turn, it looks like he wants you to raise, which means that he can beat top two a lot of the time. But maybe he just plays the donkey style where it means little about their hand whether they call or raise.