Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 12:03 AM

Default limit player looking for nl book advice

ive read quite a few books but most do not have a distinct nl viewpoint except for ss1 and ss2.
if you have any advice on some good nl books with advanced strategy id appreciate it
thx
Old 11-20-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: limit player looking for nl book advice

"pot limit and no limit poker" by reuben and ciaffone, i feel, is the authoritative work in NL.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:37 AM

Do you play tournaments or cash games. Harrington on Hold'em I & II is the definitive work on tournaments.

Unfortunately, there is a real shortage of NL cash game literature. Everyone is eagerly awaiting Sklansky's upcoming book, but it has been slow in coming. I'm thinking he needs to be banned from The Trainwreck forum until it's finished. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2005, 04:13 PM

HOH1, HOH2, & Phil Gordan's Little Green Book are all you need. Then get the Sklansky & Miller book in March & the Negreanu book in May. Lock yourself in your bedroom until you have read the entire book. Repeat. Play lots of poker. Repeat.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:40 PM

wonderful idea, shun Sklansky from the philosophy forum, we could have this book in hand by Christmas.

Cambraceres
Old 11-20-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, there is a real shortage of NL cash game literature. Everyone is eagerly awaiting Sklansky's upcoming book, but it has been slow in coming. I'm thinking he needs to be banned from The Trainwreck forum until it's finished. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should take the credit for the delays. I vastly underestimated how much work I'd need to do for the wedding. Everything is on track again now, though, so don't worry, the book is on the way.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I should take the credit for the delays. I vastly underestimated how much work I'd need to do for the wedding. Everything is on track again now, though, so don't worry, the book is on the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed, you were never adequately coached in wedding planning skills. The correct play is to simply nod your head and say, "Sounds good, Honey." These are pretty much the only words that should come out of your mouth for six months (or however long the wedding planning takes). Perhaps I should write a book on this. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]