Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2005, 05:53 PM

Default crazed maniac on my left

played at niagara falls on weekend and had complete maniac on my left.. never seen anything like it. wasn't necessarily a fish (although a bad player). more the guy was rich, was drunk and wanted to have fun.

how does playing with a really loose and aggressive player affect hand selection?? i was dying to get in but couldn't hit any decent cards...and having him on left was terrible, although i eventually i'd just ask him if he was going to raise when i was near button or in small blind.

one huge mistake i made was betting out with nut flush on river. the maniac basically stopped himself from betting. and then i think everyone else did. should have checked, had the maniac bet, a few people call (as i had tight/aggressive image and they folded because of me i think) and then raise.

at 6/12, i was in small blind, everyone had folded to me. i had Q5. would you have played the maniac?? figure i have to put down $39 to win $45 if it goes in a straight-forward manner. i don't like it from risk=reward point of view so i just said goodbye to the $9 in blinds. wonder how Q5o matches up??

guy ended up losing $700 on 6/12 in 7 hours. not that much of it came my way.

thanks for any response! i am interested in any stuff on maniacs or loose-aggressive hand selection... i will search too.