Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Chat

Do you guys chat, read others' chat, or just have the chat off? I rarely chat at all but I got some great info on my opponents a few hands ago just by reading their chat. I pushed over the top of the preflop raiser with a pair+flush draw and got called by his overpair. I was a small favorite with two cards to come not to mention the folding equity I ought to have there. Two of the players at the table I had little to no hands with started chatting about what a horrible play it was and how I must've been on tilt to make it. The guy I did it against didn't seem get it, either. Now, with no hands, I have a great read on these guys.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Chat

I need to rethink the value of advertising in SSNL online. I'm getting paid off left and right since that push. A guy called my massive turn overbet with middle pair (I had top two). Any time I make a big bet with 2 to a flush on the board, these guys assume I'm on a draw.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Chat

I think it can be very useful as you found. I always leave it on and sometimes join in. For example last night I had this great table at 6 max. Me, a crazy rock, 3 total fish and 1 seat that rotated in and out. There was this one fish talking with another fish about busting the 3rd fish and how bad he was. Fish 1 once called with pocket two's on the other fishes (#3) all in bet on the flop and then told the other guy how bad he was. Kept talking to this other guy (fish #2) about talking all of fish 3's money etc. After a while (after losing 2-3 buyins) I notice that fish 3 finally has left so I start talking in the chat asking what happened to him and get all buddy buddy with the other fish. I remember saying something to the effect of "now that xxxx is gone who is gonna donate" which was amusing cause fish 1 was at least 3 times worse then the other guy they drove out.

Now I wouldn't take part in bashing the 3rd fish while he was still at the table, but it sure let me get info on how bad the other 2 were based on their chat. After he left I got to "be one of the guys" with them so they were in a good mood and willing to stick around.

One bad thing about chat is those annoying people that think they are awesome and have to yell at fish for drawing out on them eventually driving them from the table.