Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Fishy?

I only have 19 hands on the guy to my right (27/0/0.4). Haven't noced anything in his play.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls <font color="green">intending to raise the turn </font> .

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 08-15-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Fishy?

I 3bet the turn &amp; call down if capped. If a spade hits the river I can bail.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I 3bet the turn &amp; call down if capped. If a spade hits the river I can bail.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting is the last thing I'll do here. The guy waited till the turn to raise in a three way pot, and he seems passive (granted, I have only 20 hands on him)

When I posted I thought that maybe I should have folded. But now I think that this is an easy call down, and a very uninteresting hand.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:46 AM

You have no idea whether or not his raise on the turn was because he waited, though. That 7 isn't really a blank, completing one gutter and opening up some more draws. This is the BB who came along, his hand range is quite wide. Your stats on him aren't really meaningful with 20 hands, so I think it's a stretch to give him credit for the made flush and call down. A LOT of hands raise the turn in his spot and I'd 3 bet in a heartbeat here.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:59 AM

3 bet turn.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:09 AM

It looks like everyone agrees on raising the turn, and that I am one weak f...ing weak-tight.

I need a couple more slaps. Anyone calls down?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like everyone agrees on raising the turn, and that I am one weak f...ing weak-tight.

I need a couple more slaps. Anyone calls down?

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing that pushes it over the top is how many people I've seen in this game raise for a free showdown in a situation like this holding A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and a flopped pair.