Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 04:31 PM

Default 62o in the BB

My next round of posts will be from my live session. Sorry if I butcher the suits, but I couldn't write it down at the table, and none of the suits matter.

UTG+1 is a pseudo LAG (from the hand before). The SB was a tight-straightfoward girl, and the button is a loose passive, but will fold to me.

My table image is very solid, and my bets command a lot of respect.

Borgata 3/6 (10 handed)

I'm dealt 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 5 folds, button calls, SB completes, I take a free play.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked around.

I noticed that the button and the SB had no real interest in the hand. They don't act, and they were talking to each other and not paying attention to the action. UTG+1 was kinda clueless, as always.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, UTG+1 calls, Button and SB fold.

I thought I could pick this one up since it was so small and I had a good read on two players. I wasn't surprised that UTG+1 called, but I figured if he had any piece of the board, he'd raise. He sat there and thought about it for a while. I'm pretty sure he wasn't acting as well. I had seen him slowplay, and this was not the way he did it. I figured he had A high.

River 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, he calls.

Ok, my main questions are on the turn and the river. Do I bet it there, even if I know 2 people fold, and do I bet the river, because if checked to, UTG+1 would bet just about anything, and I would be obliged to call. I planned on folding to a raise. Standard, or chip spewing?
Old 11-29-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Re: 62o in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, my main questions are on the turn and the river. Do I bet it there, even if I know 2 people fold, and do I bet the river, because if checked to, UTG+1 would bet just about anything, and I would be obliged to call. I planned on folding to a raise. Standard, or chip spewing?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn, I think getting heads-up with UTG+1 is a good result.

On the river, if UTG+1 will bet just about anything but won't call with just about anything, then I think check-calling would be best.

Edit: . . . unless you think there's a good enough chance betting the river will get him to fold a better hand than yours, but that doesn't sound too likely.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Re: 62o in the BB

[ QUOTE ]

My table image is very solid, and my bets command a lot of respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's unfortunate. *I'm so whimsical - face*

Any J may have been looking for a check raise. It's amazing how many people will try to check-raise/'wait for the turn' with flopped trips.

I would check fold. Should I have bet, I would check fold the river. The pot is small, way to small to lose BBs gambling on. You may be against a K that's afriad of the J (even though he shouldn't be)

It's too much to risk for too little.