Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Have you ever gotten in the zone and kicked somebody\'s ass?

I'm just wondering about an experience I had when I was younger. Ok, long story short...Guy's gf likes me, tells guy that we are bonin and he rolls up in my front yard with his dukes up. His 3 boys are waitin in the car. So this guy thinks I'm just another suburban white guy and doesn't realize that I'm about to get projectish on his ass. I explain to him that its a misunderstanding and we dont need to do this. Either way, he wants to go so I have no choice. Im not even fully dressed, still in my socks...you know and I am out in the front yard and start bobbing and weaving as the adrenaline kicks in....Next thing I know I'm dipping and poppin this guy with nice combos and whatnot....Weird thing is, I'm totally out of it...Its very strange like I'm just observing and not taking part. I call this the zone. Im sitting there droppin ass on this guy and watching his head go back as he takes the punches and it feels like im playing Mike Tyson's punchout or something....Like its not really happening.

Has anyone else had this out of body experience? I call it the zone.

Indy
Old 08-18-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Have you ever gotten in the zone and kicked somebody\'s ass?

I had something similar happen to me my first week in portland, OR. But, the fight never happened. I live on a one way street and a car was going the wrong way. I put my hands up like WTF are you doing? (Oh and it was like 2:30 in the morning). Well, he gets out of his SUV and says "what are you going to do about it?" Now, I am not a big guy and generally try to avoid fighting (read: p-ssy). So, I just say, "Man, you need to be careful it is a one way street and you could have hit me". Then, 3 of his friends get out of the SUV. Now, I know I am a dead mofo if they decide to fight me. I mean I couldn't beat the first guy up, much less 4 of them. So, they start saying sh-t like, "what are you going to do about it?", etc...The driver, who is the original guy to get out of the vehicle says something to the effect of, "I'll tell you what he is going go do about it. He is going to get his ass kicked." So, I am thinking, I can run and just not deal with it or make them think maybe I am crazy and save my ego. So, I start taking off my jacket (i have "jail house tats" btw on my arms) and I don't know what I was thinking..but the only thing I can think of to say is, "Well, am I going to fight all of you at once or one after the other?" And I said it very calmly and convincing. (Well, I didn't say that. Some weird tough spirit flew in my body and made me say it.). The driver then said, "[censored] you dumb ass" and got back in his SUV and left.

I am glad they didn't answer my question. I was getting my ass kicked. But, i guess it worked, because they decided not to fight me.

I guess that wasn't what you were really looking for, but, oh well.

craig
Old 08-18-2005, 11:07 AM

This is not the "Zone". This is beating up someone with no skillz.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:11 AM

The people in the car were actually his parents and the kid was 9. You must not have realized it from inside the "zone".
Old 08-18-2005, 11:21 AM

that's a great story.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that's a great story.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2005, 11:25 AM

No, not really. This guy was known to be tough but by this time my parents had moved to a nicer side of town where the competition was weaker. I forgot to end the story, basically his three friends got really scared and locked their doors. Before long i had this guy over the hood of his card bloodying up his face. He kept saying something like, don't come to the football game friday night. I was like, dude I'll be out on the field....

Indy
Old 08-18-2005, 11:27 AM

Oh to the guy in the SUV situation...You might be suprised at how strong and badass you can become when you enter the zone. I've gotta find a way to bottle some of this adrenaline so I can kick some ass on demand. Hell, if we could figure this out we could make some $ selling it to boxers.

Indy
Old 08-18-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh to the guy in the SUV situation...You might be suprised at how strong and badass you can become when you enter the zone. I've gotta find a way to bottle some of this adrenaline so I can kick some ass on demand. Hell, if we could figure this out we could make some $ selling it to boxers.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but i am not really tough or violent. I just got tough guy tattoos. Mainly an image thing. Like the one on my chest that says "TIMEBOMB". I was 18 when I got it and it has meaning....but it makes me look pretty tough if necessary.

craig
Old 08-18-2005, 11:31 AM

Maybe them dudes saw that tatoo and got scared. Honestly, I am not sure if the adrenaline works the same for everybody. I grew up getting into street fights weekly so I'd had my ass kicked around 50 times before getting out of middle school, and was tough because of it. I was also into sports...captain of wrestling team in H.S. and football. Thing is, I just wonder if anyone has ever gotten into this zone or if its just something that is unique to only a few.

Indy