Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Another Dual with the Kings

Interesting Hand here, the two main villians in this hand are pretty loose, I've seen them call down with gutshots a few times both in this session.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero?
Old 07-22-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Another Dual with the Kings

I'd raise.

Sure, the flush draw is scary versus your K-high straight, but it isn't a guarantee that they have it IMO. I don't know if MP2 would raise with a flush draw with 2 others to act behind him still; he's not hit it yet, and he wants their money in the pot rather than acaring it away. MP2's raise here signifies to me perhaps two pair or top pair with a very nice kicker.

If you get the 3-bet from either MP1 or MP2, I'd then call it down. I don't think I'd even fold this if a heart hit on the River, but that may be a leak on my part.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:49 PM

&lt;grunch&gt;
I reraise. I just hit my straight and I want value for it. If I'm reraised, then I try to remember if I've ever seen MP2 raise on the come. (i.e., was he drawing to a flush on the flop?) If not, I cap.

If he calls my cap and bets out again on the river, I flat call, even though I'm very likely beaten (I also think there's a decent chance we're chopping this, and sometimes I will get shown 2 pair. I'm less worried about a higher straight, since I think AK raises preflop.)
Old 07-22-2005, 09:32 PM

Easiest raise I've ever made.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:43 PM

Interesting flop 3 bet, wouldn't this be one of those times where we want to wait till the turn to raise and/or fold?
Old 07-22-2005, 09:49 PM

Raise the turn. I'm not convinced anyone has the flush yet. The villains could have been bet/raising on the flop with a top pair/straight draw, or just with a straight draw, perhaps the low-end. True, they could've had the flush draw on the flop, but again I'm not convinced. If they don't have the flush, then your raise would allow you to try to win the pot right there or make them pay for a continued draw or bluff. If you get re-raised, then I seriously consider folding, but probably would call down to the river with the size of the pot.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:52 PM

My thoughts were three betting would semi-protect my hands and possibly make the drawers decision a bit tougher, I was thinking I want to get my Kings against as few oppenets as possible, and I believe it was the right call, however I'd love to here why it wasnt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2005, 09:57 PM

Your flop 3-bet was perfect, don't worry about it.