Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2004, 11:13 PM

Default College Online Poker Pros

Has anyone else given thought to the idea of actually working a job? I dont think Im going to be able to do it. Poker has been too good to me. I make a fortune and its the funiest thing on earth. Are you ever gonna be able to work? Shivers....
Old 04-09-2004, 03:00 AM

Default Re: College Online Poker Pros

"Are all men from the future loud-mouthed braggarts?"

"Nope, just me baby.... just me."

Old 04-09-2004, 03:37 AM

You're 18, right? For all of the dumbass comments you've made under your different aliases, you'll get it, one day; you seem like a smart enough kid.

Dan
Old 04-09-2004, 03:48 AM

I have a full time job, although I supplement my income with poker..

I am recently out of college.. To tell you the truth man,
when I see friends get into the best graduate programs, law schools, medical schools, and get lined up for careers they are actually passionate about, it makes playing poker for a living look pretty grim...

now compared to working a b*tch job somewhere they don't care about, it looks great..

but, there's plenty of things to do out there.. no one is necessarily forced to work at any one place..

Old 04-09-2004, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else given thought to the idea of actually working a job? I dont think Im going to be able to do it. Poker has been too good to me. I make a fortune and its the funiest thing on earth. Are you ever gonna be able to work? Shivers....

[/ QUOTE ]

workings for sucka ass bitches
Old 04-09-2004, 04:45 AM

You don't necessarily have to work for someone else. I myself am taking a larger gamble than I ever have in poker, by producing my own indepenedent movie. It is funny how similar it is in fact. I feel alot of ups and downs while making it. Somedays I think it's pretty good, others, all I can think of is "WHAT WAS I THINKING", but we'll see.

I've made many mistakes along the way, but have learned from them, so hopefully moviemaking will be even better to me than poker playing.

D
Old 04-10-2004, 02:16 AM

Not a pro and not in college, but started playing a little bit after I graduated from Cal. Quit my job a couple months ago and am playing full time out of necessity, so maybe I am a pro(making very solid money the first 2 months online).

Yet, I am so glad that I finished college and got some work experience out of my belt(didn't start playing until 2001) because I just don't see how I could do this as a career.

The money won't always be rolling in, but being young you can't really see long term(I have a lot of problems with this even at the ripe ole age 27 as you can see by me quitting my job). If I had played during college and had as much success as I have had, I probably would have stupidly dropped out or not done too well. Plus, poker is a GREAT secondary income. It's hard to make a very good living off of poker if you want a family, etc. Think long term.

DN
Old 04-10-2004, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I make a fortune and its the funiest thing on earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really make a fortune, then why would you ever quit playing. Though I would define a fortune as a few million dollars.

99% of people are much much better off working a job and playing poker on the side, and I'm not just talking financially.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:13 AM

I'm 18, and have had enough "success" so far playing poker that I don't think I will ever be able to take a normal job, but that's just me, and everyone is different. Some people like that boring daily routine thing and that stability thing.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:28 AM

Have you ever checked out the rates for health insurance now a days? Just don't think of the salary you get from a job, but all the benefits as well which could add 30-40% to the # you are thinking!

Also playing poker 40 hours a week may turn into a job for you especially when paying the rent or mortgage is on the line.

Just some thoughts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]