Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 07:33 PM

Default SERIOUS multi-tabling the low/mid buy-ins?

my track record the last year or so playing 15-30 dollar MTTs (kind of for fun, on the side) when i want a break from limit poker or SnG 4table grinding is pretty nice over 650 tournaments. is anybody making serious money multi-tabling these low limit MTTS (with the unbelievably bad competition) every day (i mean playing upwards of 30 per day, like the 'pocket fives' crowd does for the $100 tourneys)? seems like a MUCH easier grind than limit or SnGs, even with double the number of tables... thoughts? kind of like SSHE theory, applied to MTTS..
Old 09-28-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: SERIOUS multi-tabling the low/mid buy-ins?

Im very interested in doing this, because I've got a pretty nice record in the $1-$11 tourneys, and honestly, I've seen no difference in my results when I record every hand, watch for patterns; versus when I play it while 3-tabling STT's, posting on the forums, and watching TV.

We could make a challenge out of this! Although, I just moved to PokerStars, so Im not sure which tourneys are worthwhile to play.

Wanna set somethin up?
Old 09-28-2005, 08:04 PM

I wasn't playing real high stakes limit games, but at my peak i was 4 tablind 3-6... and i'm making far more $/(table hour) than i was doing those. Even for micro ($1,2,3) tournaments i'm making more than i would be at 3-6 (well assuming that i could 4 table the micros constantly, like i could 3-6).

MTT's are awesome.

edit: at 3/6 i was only a measly 1.16bb/(table hour) winner though.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:04 PM

Okay, lets set something up as a challenge, like 100 tourneys in X days or something.

Im just starting to play the stars micro's, this is a goldmine.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:15 PM

I sometimes multitable these. The play is bad. However, there are problems in that the breaks are at different times and the MTTs can go on for many hours. Also, being aware of how the table and players are playing is important.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:08 PM

if you're on empire, pt can take care of seeing the general table texture, but not so on stars... that was my one issue with this idea.

However, I would concede that the play is equal to, or worse than $11 SNG's, and those can be played robotically.

After all, no matter how good you are, you're not gonna make final 50 every time, so you can afford to pay more attention to the ones where you're ITM.

Thats my take on things, what do yall think.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sometimes multitable these. The play is bad. However, there are problems in that the breaks are at different times and the MTTs can go on for many hours. Also, being aware of how the table and players are playing is important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you considered a wireless router (assuming you have a laptop)? They're like $50 and sooooo convenient.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:45 PM

Default anyone multi the $15-$30 buy-ins?

hi. youre making $25/hr playing 3-6 limit, and MORE THAN THAT playing $1-$3 MICRO MTTs!?!?! how, praytell, is that possible? do you cash in half and win way more than i could imagine possible?

anyone else reading this seriously multi-tabling the 15-30 buyin tourneys?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: anyone multi the $15-$30 buy-ins?

no, per TABLE hour.

If there were constantly $1-3 MTT's running... then yes.

I make $11.50 per table hour at that range. my ITM% is 18..
Old 09-29-2005, 07:11 PM

I've multi-tabled two SNG's and a MTT and found it can be a little task overload when down to the final four or so on the SNG's. I've switched to multi-ing a limit game or two and one MTT...seems to be less tasking.
Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be a good track record on MTT's vs SNG's ITM%?