Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 AM

Default KK in monster pot

Reads:
MP3 is a maniac.
No reads on UTG.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 checks, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (28.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (21.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

River: (27.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 33.25 BB.

Preflop: No explanation needed

Flop: Pot is big, checking to add double-sized bet on turn to kick out some of the weak draws or c/raise for value if that plan fails. Notice Maniac didn't 3-bet to my c/r.

Turn: Bet out, fancy plays might not work this round.

River: Surprised that quiet UTG is now betting so I just call (board pair of 7's a slight scare). Will plan to call down. Pot is too big, and I still might be ahead. (On typing this, I don't know why I'd be worried about UTG having a 7, but there I was)
Old 09-01-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: KK in monster pot

don't like the flop c/r at all.

rive is fine IMO.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:02 AM

I would bet out on the flop and give MP3 a chance to raise and narrow down teh field a little bit. C/Rin the MP3 would have the opposite effect as most low/micro limit players will usually call down whatever it takes once they have put already 1 bet in the pot.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:05 AM

this pot is extremely large on the flop.
you really need to bet this flop.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:02 AM

Yes the flop checkraise got alot of money in, but tied everyone to the pot. Your hand is not that strong, you would prefer to get them to fold if possible. Lead the flop and hope MP3 raises you to face the rest of them with two bets cold. The rest is fine.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-01-2005, 11:13 AM

River: Your beat by UTG at least 80% of the time here, but the pot is so big you should call. I've seen some guys who think their hand improved a lot when they had top pair and another pair came on the board. It's also possible that UTG can only win with a bluff and is taking a shot. Calling MP3 is standard since he's a maniac.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:36 AM

I agree that the questionable part was the flop. But If I bet, I'm giving 28 to 1 odds to my opponents. 14-1 odds if the maniac helps with a raise. All gutshots would still be in there.

But thanks, I think maybe I should have bet out on the flop and 3-bet if the opportunity arose. Hanger ons from there would likely ride it out to the river.