Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Flop 3-bet?

MP1 is a loose 33/10 kind of guy preflop (only off about 60 hands though) and reasonably aggro post. I have only been at the table for half an orbit and raised two of the five hands I've been dealt pre-flop, so my own image might be a bit LAGish.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)

Hero is on the button with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pre-flop
2 folds, UTG+2 limps, <font color="red"> MP1 raises </font> , 3 folds, <font color="red"> Hero 3-bets </font> , blinds fold, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls

Flop (2 players, 8.5 SB)
Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP1 checks, hero bets, <font color="red"> MP1 raises </font> , <font color="red"> Hero 3-bets </font> ...

On reflection I'm not sure about the 3-bet here. I wasn't ready to retreat into my shell and go into call-down mode just yet. AA-QQ would probably have capped pre-flop, I'm behind AQ, KQ and 99, but ahead of AK, TT and anything else he might be making a move with.

Rest of the action to follow...

DU
Old 09-22-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Flop 3-bet?

I would just call the flop check-raise and re-evaluate on the turn. I don't think we're ahead often enough to want to 3-bet, and i'm not excited about it getting capped.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:30 PM

I'd be tempted to call down rather than 3 bet.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:48 PM

Noone considers folding?
Old 09-22-2005, 09:02 PM

I wasn't going to fold to an aggro postflop villain for the flop check-raise.

My plan was to call a flop cap and fold UI if bet into on the turn. I'm not saying that's a good plan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but it seemed a good idea at the time.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:34 PM

The rest of the hand:

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)

Hero is on the button with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pre-flop
2 folds, UTG+2 limps, <font color="red"> MP1 raises </font> , 3 folds, <font color="red"> Hero 3-bets </font> , blinds fold, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls

Flop (2 players, 8.5 SB)
Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP1 checks, hero bets, <font color="red"> MP1 raises </font> , <font color="red"> Hero 3-bets </font> , MP1 calls.

Turn (2 players, 7.25 BB)

3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls

Villain slows down by just calling the flop 3-bet and checking the turn. Maybe he has given up trying to move me off a hand? I bet, thinking I may be ahead here now, but planning to fold if he checkraises me a second time.

River (2 players, 9.25 BB)

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP1 bets...
Old 09-23-2005, 12:32 AM

I don't think we're good 10% of the time (we're only beating KJ/KT/TT, and i think that's a generous estimate of villain's range based on the action and his stats). I lay it down.