Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-16-2005, 06:13 PM

Default K7s flops bottom pair vs 5 opponents

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Pretty loose game with mostly passive opponents. No read on villian in this one.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Checked to me so I bet. I doubt my hand is good but I have the nut backdoor flush draw as well. Anyone check? Betting may allow me a free card if I want to use it on the turn.

Turn: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Heads up now. I checked and hoped to induce a bluff from my opponent on the river.

River: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Should I have bet turn as well? I like how I played it but Im interested in hearing other points of view.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 11-16-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: K7s flops bottom pair vs 5 opponents

I think that if you're going to see a showdown with this hand, you're better off betting the turn and checking the river behind than giving a free card on the turn.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:31 PM

Gives my opponent one more chance to fold if I bet the turn. Thanks for the thoughts.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:33 PM

Well one problem with inducing bluffs on this board is that any 8,10 or weak A beats you. I could easily see villian playing a weak A this way.

If you bet the turn take the free showdown, I don't call a turn c/r or river donk after leading the turn.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Pretty loose game with mostly passive opponents. No read on villian in this one.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Checked to me so I bet. I doubt my hand is good but I have the nut backdoor flush draw as well. Anyone check? Betting may allow me a free card if I want to use it on the turn.

Turn: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Heads up now. I checked and hoped to induce a bluff from my opponent on the river.

River: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Should I have bet turn as well? I like how I played it but Im interested in hearing other points of view.

Final Pot: 6 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't bet this flop, I just take the free card. Too many players will play any A.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:37 PM

Flop bet is pretty so-so based on the board texture. Problem is it's very easy for you to get called and you can't keep betting each street with this hand.

How you played it, I would fold the river. Nearly any hand he can call the flop with was already ahead of yours or got there.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:43 PM

*grunch*
Preflop - K7s marginal with this few callers otherwise I agree
Old 11-16-2005, 06:46 PM

Nah, preflop should be very easy.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:52 PM

with a field of 4, i would like the flop bet.

with this large a field, i will gladly take a free card here. now the turn hits, and it's one of the worst possible cards for your hand. it completes many straight draws and is another overcard to your pair (ie. T9, JT now beat you). so, i agree with your check behind here, because you really only have the best hand if he has called you twice with a tiny pocket pair or twice with a gutshot. i'm not going to bother to try to prove that it is more likely he has a better hand than you.

because of the reason for checking through on the turn, i don't see how you can call this river. checking the turn was not a bluff inducing move, it was a "this will not be a value bet against his hand range, i need a free card" move.

edit: preflop is very standard
Old 11-16-2005, 07:20 PM

preflop standard

check flop - too many players to knock them all out

inducing a bluff has its spots - this isn't one of them

you have a pair of 7s - not really a hand you can give a free river card to (if you're ahead)