Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2005, 09:52 AM

Default 30-60...2 hands from Bellagio this weekend

Uncountable hands and enedless hours of poker bliss....

Two hands still resonating and playing over and over again in my mind.

First hand

UTG+1 limps, folds around to Tex, on the button, Tex limps with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB completes, BB checks option. 4 to the flop.

flop 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB is weak and basically really bad...(had raised numerous times UTG with any A, or any PP, or any two cards, i think.)
and SB leads....BB folds, UTG calls with hesitation. I raise on the button. SB calls fast...real fast...UTG calls.

Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, UTG checks, I bet, and both call.

River comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, UTG calls, I raise.

results in white below

<font color="white"> </font> SB shows 10,6 for two pairs, tens and sixes. UTG shows K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]for a straight, and I show 9,10 for a straight. We chop the SB's bets.

<font color="black"> </font>
Hand number 2...If the last one was boring...this one's a little more exciting...

UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, I call with 99, and the BB calls.

Four to the flop.

Flop comes 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG leads, UTG+1 raises, I three bet, UTG four bets, UTG+1 folds, I cap.

Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG leads, I raise....UTG just calls this time. (so much for getting in unlimited bets heads up)

River is a total blank, like the proverbial black deuce or something, all i could see were the two nines on the board, regardless, UTG checks to me, I bet, and UTG calls.

Now...any thoughts as to what UTG showed down?

result in white
<font color="white"> </font>
UTG shows j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He open raised with it, flopped the nuts with a straight flush re-draw, and i thought i had him drawing dead on the turn....almost....

<font color="black"> </font>
If only CardSharp could have been there....&lt;sigh&gt;