Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-13-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Did i play this KTo top 2 pair correct?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($88.45)
UTG+1 ($53.75)
MP1 ($42.50)
MP2 ($18.45)
MP3 ($58.45)
Hero ($61.70)
Button ($40.91)
SB ($46.20)
BB ($49.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, Button folds, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $7.

Turn: ($29.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, MP3 calls $45.95 (All-In), Hero calls $25.95.

River: ($121.15) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $121.15

He didnt reraise me on flop so i didnt think he had a set.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Did i play this KTo top 2 pair correct?

I would fold preflop. Just me though.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop. Just me though.

[/ QUOTE ]

that didnt really help much, hehe

IF u called how would u proceed?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:30 PM

I think your line looks correct. Making him pay for his AK or flush draw (unlikely) is a good move. Getting rid of this hand earlier would have still been my preferred move. I'm more of a tourney player, so see if any cash game guys reply.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:33 PM

Looks alright, but I definitely chuck this pre-flop. The only flops I'm happy to see with KTo is KTx or AQJ.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks alright, but I definitely chuck this pre-flop. The only flops I'm happy to see with KTo is KTx or AQJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

so i should muck KTo in any position no matter how many players is in?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:45 PM

Not entirely...muck it in EP with limpers in front...its too weak to raise and does not play well in big pots. In LP if you feel frisky you can open raise every now and then, but even then its questionable. KTo is one of those hands that people love to play but is not as good as it seems at first sight.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:54 PM

You didn't describe the other guy's playing style. I sort of agree on the trips. With KK or TT he shouldn't let anyone see a cheap flop. 88 is iffy. If you can't win it before the flop, you'll probably have a difficult decision on the flop. Seeing a flop cheaply and hoping for trips isn't bad at all.

So, you might be facing 88. If your opponent is conservative, this is possible. He might not want to commit himself completely to the pot until seeing the turn. Unless you KNOW he's a rock, I can't see folding.

Against an aggressive player, you probably have the best hand. Lots of aggressive players would try and push you off the pot with QJh, but they are gone by now.

Since he's still with you, it's hard to figure what he can have that you can beat assuming he's sane and you haven't bluffed a lot. I think the on-line players at low stakes are frequently VERY aggressive. This guy could have slow played AK pre-flop and now refuse to believe he's beat.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless it's folded to you at CO/Button, or in the blinds. Limping KTo behind limpers, especially from anywhere besides CO/Button, in a full-ring game is not profitable. KTo rarely hits strong flops or strong draws, and TPGK is not something I want to have in a 4+ handed pot. I never said muck it every time - it's not 23o. But it's not a hand that plays well in a multi-way pot.

I'd much rather be limping with 45s than KTo in this spot. 86s. 74s even.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless it's folded to you at CO/Button, or in the blinds. Limping KTo behind limpers, especially from anywhere besides CO/Button, in a full-ring game is not profitable. KTo rarely hits strong flops or strong draws, and TPGK is not something I want to have in a 4+ handed pot. I never said muck it every time - it's not 23o. But it's not a hand that plays well in a multi-way pot.

I'd much rather be limping with 45s than KTo in this spot. 86s. 74s even.

[/ QUOTE ]

oki, thanks for the answer.
my VP$IP is 14.4 should i play more suited connectors and hands like 75s and 86s if there is 2 or more limpers in the pot?
can i raise with 86s first in LP?