Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Higher Buy-in Project Update

See this post by Degen if you don't know what this is about.

Alright guys, I don't want this project to die. The last thread was getting large, and I want everyone to see this post.

Firstly, let's start changing the way we go about this, sorta. If you don't have the 10 minutes to do this, keep sending form letters. But I think the best way to get results is the following (and what I did):

-Write your own email to party/skins. Talk about how YOU want to play in the higher buy-in games. Make yourself sound like the gambling type. Maybe threaten to take your business elsewhere if bigger stakes tables don't open.

-RESPOND TO THEIR RESPONSE. Whether you get a form letter or not, respond to it. You will find out more, and will eventually be heard by a human.

-Tell us what happened.

I emailed Party, Empire, and Eurobet. All responded fairly quickly, and Party actually had the most to say.

As i said in the last thread, I got a response saying something along the lines of "We can't tell you the exact date as to when higher buy-in tournaments will be introduced."

I responded to this asking if that meant that they were in fact in the near future. The latest response was:

"Dear Jman,

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to inform that PartyPoker.com brings in the higher buy in Single Table
tournaments and the other Special tournaments from time to time and these are based
on criteria determined by the marketing department.

For more details regarding your query, we request you to write to
"marketing@partypoker.com".

We appreciate your patience in this regard.

(blah blah blah. Don't tell peeps your password. etc.)"

I'm not exactly sure what this means, but I will ask them and marketing about it soon. Any thoughts?

Please add marketing@partypoker.com to your emails which should already include games@partypoker.com, info@partypoker.com, tournaments@partypoker.com.

Keep up the good work guys. It really takes like 3 minutes to write them an email. Just do it.