Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Bellagio 6/12 hand

I'm not experienced at all in Omaha 8, but sat down with a buddy at the Bellagio 4/8 game. The previous hand was scooped so the half kill is on in this hand making it 6/12.

I am dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO seat. 3 limpers including the kill who checked. This is a pretty trashy hand but I limp anyway (big mistake?). Button limps, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop (7 players) : 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 checks, UTG (kill player) bets, 2 calls.
Now I've got a gutshot straight draw, Q high flush draw, and a weak low draw. Only an offsuit J gives me the nuts but I still think I have enough to continue here. I call.

Turn (4 players): (5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
All of a sudden my low is starting to look good. I still have the diamond draw and the gutshot for high, and a 3 gives me the wheel straight also. There's a bet and call in front of me and I call also. With the nut low I might have raised but I can't be sure that I have anything locked up yet so I just called.

River (3 players): (5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Great river card. Both players check to me, which signals to me that a higher flush isn't out there, and likely nobody's got the nut low either. With the 3rd nut flush and 2nd nut low I make a very easy bet and get 1 caller, who mucks after I show.

I think that the hand played itself after the turn card but wouldn't mind comments on any street. Should it be an easy preflop fold? Should I give up the hand on the flop without any nut draws?