Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2005, 03:00 AM

Default More on tipping (story from tonight). Don\'t be like this guy.

Forgive me for starting a new "tipping" thread, but this was something else tonight.

I just got off from dealing a tourney - 44 players, $75 buy in with a max of two $50 rebuys, top 5 places pay. There were 3 other dealers so we started with four 11 player tables.

So, we get down to the final 5 and #4 and #5 bust out on the same hand. #3 busts out shortly thereafter. All three toke us dealers between 5% and 10%. Pretty standard and greatly appreciated.

It's heads up. One guy is a decent player, a nice guy all night and seems to know how to play pretty well (IMHO). The other guy is a fool, a cock to the dealers and obviously learned to play by watching ESPN. Oh yeah, he couldn't have been older than 22 or 23, cap on backwards, sunglasses, repeatedly asking for chip counts when he obviously was either WAY behind or WAY ahead, acting overly dramatic (jaaaaahhhh!)...hilarious. Nothing against the good younger players but jerks like this make you guys look bad.

Anyway, fool finally gets beat by good guy.

Good guy, who came in first, gets $1875 and tokes us $150. Very cool and very appreciated.

Fool, who comes in second, gets $780 and tokes $4. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Yes, $1 for each dealer. That’s 0.005% of what he won. He actually asked around to get change for a $5 bill. The tourney ran about 4 hours, so it works out that he tipped the dealers 25 cents each per hour. I've been stiffed before - no big whoop, but $1 is totally insulting after handing a guy $780.

Please don't be like this guy. Thanks in advance! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]