Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-16-2004, 02:53 PM

Default pet peeves at work

Here's your chance to vent (well, at least for those of us who aren't making $100K/year multi-tabling .01-.02 limit hold'em online at home). What co-worker quirks annoy you the most? Here are a few to prime the pump:

- Insensitive jerks who make calls on speaker phone with their office door open

- Vain/insecure/oblivious folks who wear so much perfume/cologne it can be smelled ten feet down the hall on either side of their office [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

- Lazy people who fail to replace the paper towels/paper cups or re-fill the water cooler (with those unable to lift the container being excused, of course) after taking the last towel, cup, water

Feel free to add more to the list. Real-life stories or examples could be pretty fun.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:00 PM

Default Re: pet peeves at work

people who come to my office instead of calling thinking that ill bump them ahead of all the people who called a help ticket in the right way.

people who stop me in the hall to ask me about thier HOME pc

people who stop me in the bathroom to talk about thier home pc

people who tell me "of course i rebooted be4 i called you" then i go to thier desk and reboot the pc and it immediately fixes the problem

to name a few
Old 08-16-2004, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Lazy people who fail to replace the paper towels/paper cups or re-fill the water cooler (with those unable to lift the container being excused, of course) after taking the last towel, cup, water

[/ QUOTE ]

People who don't refill the water cooler after the last cup are inconsiderate and rude.

People who don't refill the coffee pot after the last cup should be shot and killed. And then fired.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:04 PM

Fat women who talk about the latest diet they're on
Old 08-16-2004, 03:18 PM

All of the ones listed so far are good.

I ask our computer guy stuff all the time...of course I bought my home PC from him, so he's obligated. Heh heh.

Anyway, my number one pet peeve is people who complain about parking. I was actually going to post this in its own thread, but I find it quite sad that in America our society has become so lazy that people get pissed off based on who might be parking one spot closer to the building than someone else.

Case in point. I park pretty far away from my building. Probably close to a 1/4 mile, no big deal. Someone in my office is out of town for the month, so she let me borrow her parking pass, which is closer to the building.

Sure enough, second day I'm parking there SOMEONE CALLS AND COMPLAINS, recognizing my car and wanting to know how I was parking there. Of course they didn't bother asking me about it, just went straight to the top to complain.

I don't know who it was for sure, but I have two suspects, and BOTH of them park pretty close to the building already. Classic.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:21 PM

Women who wear shirts.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:36 PM

Guys who have their pants undone and are in the process of taking out their unit before they realize the urinal stall is occupied.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:04 PM

When you gotta go, you gotta go!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:27 PM

I work at a law firm so I have a lot....
-attorneys who bitch and tell incredibly inane stories about how the "idiot" they just got off the phone doesn't know what he is talking about.
-attorneys who tell any boring court story about some "idiot", so loud that everyone in the whole office can hear them....... then all the attorneys involved laughing loudly like a bunch of hyenas.
- The fake smiles, you know what I mean, when your walking down the hallway and someone your passing gives you one of those forced smiles.... theres no need to smile, we're just passing each other in the hallway, will probably pass each other again sometime today, and probably tomorrow, and next week.
-e-mails asking me to do something that isn't really my job.
-e-mails that contain jokes which aren't funny or stupid stories.
-when your sitting in the stall, doing your real work, and someone has to come and sit down next to you!!!!! Wait yout [censored] turn!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:46 PM

people who sit 2 offices down from you and call you up even though they aren't doing anything

The jackass who hangs out in your door, not saying anything, while you are posting on 2+2

My all time favorite...the lady, who says you are on the "list" because you just let out a tirade of jesus christ's and goddamn mother fu ckers. BTW the "list" is her prayer list and I have been on it for the last 2 years!