View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: its 2pm and I still havent eaten breakfast

I didnt actually play this hand, a friend of mine did. He was really proud of his river c/r, and said it was something he never would have thought to do before reading SSH. Which I thought made it an interesting situation. Because I thought it was one of those situations were aggresive SSH knowledge was overused.

I like the concept and where his head was at and dont think it was a bad play, but I think given the pot size and situation hes better off just calling here, as I think most of the time once UTG checks thru twice he has no hand (or may still call the 2 cold, or may just call one with a worse A) and button will never fold a better hand, and most likely wont call with a worse one.

As for the turn check, I dont think it was bad, you get 2 calls on a board that doesnt have much to chase on, and I think checking and seeing what happens is a decent plan. You can say bet until they tell you they have you beat, but I think thats what they are telling you once you get 2 calls on a dry board. After the turn and river action, i think differently, but thats what poker is, constantly reevaulating the info you are given.