View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Should be standard, did I play it like that?

[ QUOTE ]
You say you don't want to fold out a worse hand on the turn with a raise, but then you turn around and say you'd raise the river if you hit, but why wouldn't he just fold the river to you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
He might, but we still get that extra bluff BB from him. If we raise for the free showdown, he get none. Furthermore, he may have improved to a second best hand that he thinks is good, and will call our river bet (yet another BB for us).

[ QUOTE ]
And what makes you think he's going to fire yet another barrel at the river with a worse hand, especially when the board gets scary?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think he necessarily will. I think it is a possibility. If he 100% does not, then both our lines have the same value. If he sometimes bluffs the river, we get more BB from him by letting him bluff.

[ QUOTE ]
Or even call you're bet if he doesn't fire?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, if he does this even 1% of the time, there is some value. I think the number is higher than that. But the point is, we don't need this value, it is just a bonus.

I still havn't been able to see where we are gaining our extra value on the turn raise, yet have seen a few places where we might lose it.