View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: PLO8 Online Cash Games (Research & Review)

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the time I try to keep the pot small early. The biggest mistake that I see in these micro-blind games is opponents who try to make the pot huge with a hand that is sure to be beat by the river, or split, at best. He is risking everything to get his money back or less.

[/ QUOTE ]
More hog wash. Micro limits is not a good reflection as it's "only $25" to players.
When I sit in say a $400 game you get players who join, and do not want or cannot afford to lose $400. These are the players you can take advantage of the most.
You have to learn to shove coin flips. Any hand where you are 50/50 to win on the flop or turn you should shove, because there is always increased EV from your opponent folding.
You get very few opportunities to "milk" players at plo8. If you start betting small because you will earn money by getting lots of callers with your draw, then someone will pot bet it behind you and destroy those odds. Betting small is a sure sign of weakness or someone on a draw, and players will make moves on you.
I believe the reason you are having to move tables is players aren't paying you off as you hope, and are realising the person sat in that seat is a rock and isn't "gambling". If you make big bets, then you will find players start thinking "bullshit" and call you down. Also you probably never bluff, and at $25 that's probably correct, but at the higher limits you have to , as most pots get heads up and neither player will have anything. In 4 years I have rarely found a PLO8 game I can't beat. So long as you are dynamic and can adapt to the players around you, they can never stereotype you successfully.