View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: $2k NL....KK 3 handed

[ QUOTE ]
"If he then just calls that, then there will be nothing other than a blocking bet left for the river."

It seems like that after he bets the turn, there is going to be too much money in the pot to fold. Since you mentioned the option of a blocking bet on the river, I got the impression that you were saying that folding was an option at some point if the turn was bet.

"His reaction to a lead by you on the turn will probably provide the correct read on his hand in most cases, though AA probably would just call along behind. "

I don't get why AA would just call behind. It seems like an all-in or fold play might be most common, with the possible draws out and the amount of money that would be in the pot after you led the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding on the turn is a possible option if he were raised. And AA will call behind a lot more than you think since he has position and probably doesn't put hero on a draw. As for being pot committed after making a blocking bet, he might well be, with the result that if he is raised there he might make a player dependent decision to call to try to snap off a bluff.

This is all-around a difficult situation, though I believe it was necessarily made so because of a failure to either reraise preflop or checkraise the flop.