Thread: squash
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: squash

[ QUOTE ]
Probably quite a fun game, just not squash [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh and people get rather badly injured playing squash, it's not some weak game. Squash balls in the eye socket (this is why people wear goggles), or massive bruises and welts from a 90mph+ projectile hitting you, or broken bones from the other guy swinging his racket too close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely wouldn't say it's a dangerous game. I've been playing for over 5 years and I don't know anyone who has been seriously injured playing it. It is not really bad on your knees either, which some people initially think.

The whole "racket hitting eyes" fear is waaaay overhyped, this just doesn't happen very often. Don't let this deter you from playing the game, it happens very very rarely. I don't know anyone who has had an eye injury, and I know a lot of players. You should wear eyeguards, theyre not a big deal though. Beginner players tend to have big awkward swings and don't really know how to move well around the court, so there is a slightly higher risk from them. but still a v. small one. getting hit by the ball hurts and leaves a mark for a day or two but is not serious. And for this to hurt you have to be playing someone who can hit it hard. the ball is soft anywway.