View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Turn check-raise w/ overcards. Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, no. What makes you think this is standard? I like the flop check, why the [censored] would you want to check raise it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Easy now... I just want some discussions! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If MP2 folded to UTG+2's bet we would have an EASY check-raise. I think it is mandatory and not raising would be absolutely TERRIBLE! Look at the action so far... it's checked to him on the flop and he bets. So what? He could have a WIDE range of hands. Made hands, draws or nothing.... People bets very lightly when it's checked to them in late postion, especially in raised pots when the pre-flop raiser has checked, indicating he missed the flop and only has overcards. Folding would not be an option when I could easily have the best hand and very often 6 outs if I'm behind. Since I want won't fold, raising is the only option. By raising I can make UTG fold his 6-outer or a weak made hand and play the rest of the hand heads-up with UTG+2's possible draw. Knocking the other players out will improve my winning chances a lot in this big pot.

But that was about if MP2 had folded.... The situation in this hand was a bit different since he called. Folding is still not an option and calling is probably better than raising. On the turn, the card that comes and the action will then decide how I continue to play the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think putting more money in on the turn is spewing, plain and simple. UTG+2 likely has a pair and then checked because the flush card scared him. MP2 likes his hand enough to bet into a 3-flush board. You have a weak draw at best - ditch it!