View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: General question, help much appreciated and needed

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen a lot of criticism for certain online books, I have two questions:
What're the best books for playing poker online?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two major differences between live and on-line poker. One is the lack of visual feedback on your opponents on-line. The other is that at any given level, on-line players are going to play tighter than B&M players. Odds are that a $0.50/1 game on-line will play about the same as a $2/4 or $3/6 game at your local B&M. Other than that, there are no secrets to on-line poker.

[ QUOTE ]
There's a lot of books on multi table tournaments like harrington on hold em but the final table section doesn't offer enough help for playing SitNGos usually since most ppl at SnGs don't get paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people at MTTs don't get paid either. The principles of bubble play, blind stealing, etc., don't change that much, there are just more people left in a bubble situation at an MTT than at a SnG.

[ QUOTE ]
We should petition Sklansky and Mason to write a SnG book for single tables,who's with me ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Previous discussions here question whether there would be a market for such a book. The STT forum here has the best info on SnGs available anywhere, if you take the time to dig it out.