View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: 8/b - Trips on 5th st.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still not sure about this hand.I would welcome further comments on the following.

What about?
4th:A raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Eww. Raising a guy who caught a suited baby (when we only have 3 to a low) is spewing. Even if hero's 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] was the 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] he could still be behind for low. You'd then have to hope he bricks on 5th and you catch good. Even then he probably won't fold to your bet (depending how good his low draw and/or high potential is).
[ QUOTE ]

5th:A re-raise or a check-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
What for? I certainly wouldn't want to with someone likely freerolling his two opponents. A check-raise might be a good way to measure Seat 3's strength (assuming Seat 3 checks when checked to him). But my main concern is Seat 7's possible straight/straight draw. I don't want to put more money in the pot I don't need to in case my trips don't improve.

[ QUOTE ]

6th:A raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you hate money. You can't make a low now and your opponents know it. Why would they think the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] helped you? With Seat 7 having a made low and Seat 3 (who you know is going high) leading out catching a 3rd spade also giving him an open pair, a raise is suicidal. I'm hovering my mouse over the fold button here.
[ QUOTE ]
River:A call?

[/ QUOTE ]
Tough to say. I would probably raise just because in my experience Seat 3 would call the double bet here.