View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: 8/b - Trips on 5th st.

third: in an aggressive game, i may fold this, due to the dead ace... if the ace was live, i'd probably be raising third. if it was a low ante game (5/10, say) i'd fold on third, too... but i think you made the right move for the spot you were in...

fourth: call is correct, of course

fifth: this is intresting, i would be happy to raise- it's almost impossible for you to be behind for the high end (you got his fives), and you have a backdoor draw to a strong low... unless they have some miricle camoflauged hand(like a 45678 or a bigger set), you own a much bigger share of the pot than your opposition, and should be pushing yer edge.

sixth: this is a tough street... luckily, the pot is big enough that you can easily call a double bet... i think that the 468J is clearly trying to raise you off an appearent low draw. i also call here.

river: i like the raise. if it were high-only, it's a smooth call, but your raise in a H/L game will look like a made low draw raising for value, and if the QA77 made trips or a flush, they won't think: "BOAT!?!?" and fold... and unless you've seen him C/R the nuts before i wouldn't fear a re-raise.

nh.