View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: $22 - How badly did I botch this set??

i think you can raise preflop here.

i know the general consensus for the 800 chip SNGs is in the first few levels, lay back, setmine, bet/CB your big preflop hands, etc. but that doesn't mean, in my opinion, you can just totally neglect position. if it folds to me in the CO, i'm definitely raising something along the lines of 88+, AT+, KQ+, and then there are a bunch of grey area hands that i may or may not raise with.

i think doing otherwise is giving up value, and i don't think that value is overcome by any metagame considerations, nor is the potential gain in chips by building pots with strong hands outweighed by the potential loss in bubble chips by missing or having your CB pwned.

the rest of the postflop advice has already been said, but i am putting off writing a memo so i'll say it again =P.

on the flop you just MUST BET! there are four players in the pot here. you're obviously getting called by any J, as well as any number of hands with an OESD, a gutshot... even A6! you gotta get some chips in that bad boy.

having checked the flop, your turn raise seems ok. having been called, that river push seems.. pretty bad =/ check it through. an 8 might fold with the push, but i dont think its worth RISKING YOUR TOURNAMENT LIFE to find out. (sorry, couldnt resist). seriously though, i think a push is bad here. there appear to be two potential lines: 1) check it through; or 2) bet 150-175ish/fold to CR.

ok. this is a long post. hope it wasnt total drivel.