View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: My friend got fired for saying \"Merry Christmas\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Jewish guy, for actually bothering to report it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...Jews deserve to be walked on by ignorant Christian dicktards. He tried to let your friend know politely that he didn't celebrate Christmas, and your friend responded like an assbag. But you're right, the Jewish guy REPORTING such assbaggery is the one who's at fault here.

Wow.

Edit To Add:
I wonder if you (or your friend) or serious Christians would be so callous about this issue if it were reversed. IE- Christian goes to secular store to buy presents, is checking out, and the checker says, "Happy Hanukah"...to which the Christian politely replies, "thanks but I'm Christian and celebrate Christmas"...and then polite Christian customer gets told, "okay, Happy Hanukah...remember Christ was a fraud who never rose from the grave and is a false god you're worshipping."

Yeah, I'm sure most Christians would let that one roll right off their back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I am FAR from a serious Christian, or a member of any religious group for that matter, and therefor I couldn't answer your question from that perspective, but I know if I went to a Jewish-owned store and bought something, and the storekeeper told me "Happy Hanukah" as I was leaving, I would simply reply with a "you too" instead of letting him know how thats not my holiday, as I really doubt he cares. What I celebrate is MY business. I wouldn't tell him how I don't celebrate Hanukah, just as I don't tell people that tell me "Merry Christmas" that I don't celebrate that. No one CARES what you celebrate, so why bother telling some random person "Yea but I don't celebrate that"? Good for you. Just accept the kind words for what they are without any further implication and leave the store.

BTW, you are too uptight.