View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: 11/1

Thanks for the nutshell, Zetack. I wholeheartedly take your point. I’ve explained why it took me some time to make decisions with respect to certain key hands during the WSOP. I can only say, again, that I took the time that was necessary for me to make the decision at hand. I appreciate your explanation and I understand that you and others think I took too much time. I also appreciate that more experienced players would likely have been able to make decisions on these hands much more quickly than I did ( I would make them more quickly, given what I know today). And finally, I appreciate that persistent delays from one or more players can be detrimental to tournament play generally. So I have been working on this.

Just to add, I can honestly say that at the time, it sure didn’t seem like I was taking some time that many more times than other players. There were, indeed, other players at my tables who had time called on them several times. And I too, found it boring sitting there waiting on people to make a decision. But I also understood that I was not in their shoes making their (easy? difficult?) decisions (I think, given my level of experience, I had more empathy than some others; but I nevertheless called the clock on other players a couple of times myself when I thought it was necessary/worthwhile). So, I just sat there and waited. Anyway, the funny thing is, no one, not one player, voiced any anger to me or in any way said to me directly that they found the time I took “infuriating”. (Query how/if my play would have changed had someone done so.) Any supposed anger at my play has come from message boards, after the fact. The one guy who hinted at being really upset was Shawn, and given what was reported as his cards during the hand in question (AA?), I’m sure he would not have minded waiting a tad bit longer if I had ultimately decided to call him. I thought Shawn was being a bit unpleasant at the t.v. table at the time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]; but he seemed like a pretty nice guy away from the table after that hand and during the next day of play. In fact, I had a great experience with nearly everyone I played with. No annoyed/angry vibes.

Thanks again.

Best,
Tiffany