View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Encouraging your table to stall in a tourney (long....as usual)

the reason i kept 'badgering' them was not necessarily to get compensation.
it was to get a reasonable answer.

they kept saying basically that stalling is an unfortunate situation in some tournaments...which was not the thrust of my argument at all.

in fact, if Mike had sent that explanation without any compensation at all but just said, 'since we don't believe the team-stalling effected your chances too significantly' I would have been okay with it.

We deserve responses that address the issue and don't miss the mark completely.

Sorry some of you are seeing it as whining.

But I know that if I had this situation on Stars it would likely have been correctly addressed on the 1st or 2nd try.
It's not THAT hard to understand that the stalling itself didn't concern me as much as the 'team-stalling' discussion.

To your NL hand:
Just like my situation, I think this player should be reported.
If I was at that table I would politely tell the other player to please not discuss such things at the table as it is clearly inappropriate.

I don't think you are entitled to compensation in this situation...and if it happened to me I wouldn't think I would be entitled to any compensation either, thus I would not try to get anything out of Party.
This is especially true since his 'call him down' statement didn't even take place on that particular hand.