Thread: Flush draw
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Flush draw

*grunch*
Preflop - I complete here also since I'm following SSH's guide but I have to say I end up hating this plsy alot. Anybody else feel queezy when they complete SB with two small non-connected suited cards? Has anybody given this up?

Flop - Would not semi bluff here; you are unlikely to get all three players to fold and you don't really want to play this heads up with since your high card strength sucks. You have 9 outs to a flush so sbout 36% equity which means you'd like to have 3 callers minimum; if you can't pick up the pot you probably don't want to drive anyone out.

Turn - 9 outs to flush gives break even odds of 4.1:1 With only 5BB in the pot if you think there is much of a chance he has a higher fludh draw this becomes a marginal call. If you had not raised on the flop the pot would probably be only 3BB and you would probably lay it down. As it is your "semi bluff" probably committed you to a pot you'd rather not be committed to.

River - seems like the only think you can beat is a bluff (busted flush draw) or the unlikely pair of 3's. The pot odds give you 7:1 so if you think this is a bluff more than 1 in 7 times then call. Given the action I'd fold.