View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 02:58 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default Re: what should i do ?

[ QUOTE ]
Any reason you didn't go to college, gorie? I always assumed you were either in college or had graduated. Not to sound preachy or anything, and you've probably heard this before, but you should probably go. Even if you don't think you would enjoy it, in four years you will have many more options than you have now.

Either that, or get good at poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
i did go to a technical college, 2 year program for computer networking - i just didn't finish. when it came time to finding an internship 3rd semester, i guess i got stressed out and gave up. i also realized it's not what i want to do. i mean, i can barely even lift a computer! so anyway, it ended up being a waste of money because i'm retarded.

i have too many issues (anxiety etc) i don't think i could do it again, i am afraid if i went back to school i'd just end up wasting more money and not be able to finish when it came time to do things i didn't want to do. i think sometimes about going back to school, if i did it would be for dental hygiene or something because it would be good money - but i can't picture myself following through since there is a lot of things involved that scare me (i'm weird).

i don't mind my job now. i can't think of a job i would really like doing. the only thing is that i am concerned about my hand if i continue doing what i am doing.

in my dream world, my boyfriend goes back and finishes school (he did the same thing as me) and gets a better job to help secure us financially for the future. i continue working where i am at and my hand problem doesn't exist. until i eventually get into painting more and figure out how to make a living at it to make more than i do now, and learn poker well enough to help out. that would be ideal. that way if we ever start a family i could stay home and paint/poker.

anyway, right now i am just hoping the hand thing goes away, the thing that sucks is even if it gets better in a couple weeks, i'm still doing the exact same thing that caused the problem in the first place and i can't imagine that being a good thing. hopefully my boss will have an occupational therapist come in to check out our work stations, i'm not the first to have problems either, but the other guy was part-time and ended up leaving for school, but he use to complaina bout his wrist hurting a lot (i thought he was nuts at the time too , now i know!!). so hopefully my boss will take the whole thing serious, and also figure out how to adjust my work flow to not have me constantly doing the same thing all day long. i don't know. it just sucks.