View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: so my real estate agent pissed me off...

[ QUOTE ]
I have my Real Estate license and have bought/sold dozens of homes. Why are you so pissed at this agent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two separate incidents:
1. When we decided on this house, it was already halfway built, with no plans for air conditioning to be included. We asked our agent to see if we could get it put in as an extra option. She said she'd get back to us, and the next day said no, it wasn't possible. When my wife called the selling agent she found out it was possible, and not even a big deal... if we wanted it, they'd put it in.

2. The house was advertised to have a "stand-up shower in master bath w/glass enclosure". The bathroom is done, and it's just a regular tub. When my wife talked to the agent about this, she tried to convince her this was actually what the tub was (you can still stand up in a tub, right?), and either way what is there is what is in the paperwork so we can't change it. A call to the selling agent again gives us a different story... she looks at it, says they screwed up, and will get back with us Monday after talking with her boss. She didn't think it would be a problem to get the correct unit put in.

I can't really figure either of these out. Either she figures the commission is hers and she doesn't have to put any extra work into it now, or she's too timid to enter a situation where there might be a confrontation. Either way she's representing our interests very poorly.

I didn't know commission kickbacks were illegal, thanks for the heads up. The other agent works for the same company as our mortgage broker so maybe we can arrange for them to pay a portion of the closing costs instead.