View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Just getting started -- Feedback greatly appreciated

darren,

sounds to me as if you have all the necessary ingredients to make some decent money playing poker. with your bankroll, and assuming as you say, that you are a fast learner, you should be able to jump right in to the juiciest of juicy online $2/4 games. $1/2 would work as well.

if you've read and understood the books you bought, all that's left is getting used to the actual game texture for the table you are playing. i am assuming you will start out in limit games?

a couple must-haves: pokertracker
( http://www.pokertracker.com ) and a rake back deal or two. i would stick to one site for a time until you get comfortable moving money around online. then, you can hit up all the bonus money available by site-hopping. there is also a program called playerview that many here use. i would not get that or gametime+ when first starting out. you really should beat the game soundly before getting it, though if you will be multi-tabling, it is a real plus.

as for swings, the worst swings occur in short-handed play. if you are playing one table of $2/4 or $1/2, it is pretty difficult to have a swing larger than what your bankroll will be, but swings of course do happen. if you hit a downswing to begin with of 100 big bets(BB) or more, post hands on the forumn before playing any more. i suspect you will be just fine, though.

good luck, and give us updates!

cheers!