View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: to steps players

[ QUOTE ]
Some time ago I "funded"($1,000) an "Attack-on-the-Steps"; two well-known & highly-respected 2+2'er's each played ten Step 2's....We did not cash $1 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

One of the players is queer

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I had 7 people play 17 step ones each. We made a small profit, and were miserable for that month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be open to a prop bet of sufficient amount that I could top this substantially playing only Step 2's or 3's for a month. (Okay, maybe not because I'd be bored off my ass too after a while, but it can be done pretty easily assuming you pushbot well enough in the Step 5.)

Here's the thing...you can't really just pushbot Steps according to an SNG strategy. They're sats, and to max ROI (as opposed to $/hour, although this might converge here), you have to sacrifice EV off the top and play for the freeroll a fair bit.

I'll let you guys work out the rest, but the people that can benefit from them the most are the ones with a good poker IQ but a small roll. They are absolutely fantastic bankroll builders, maybe more so than the Stars T$ sats. If the Step 2 tables were still running as often as they were when they just came out and were the only ones available, I would never stop playing them.