View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

Thanks for the response Lee.

In regards to:

"
The $10k freerolls for supernova players might be around 100 players or so for $100 in value per entry.
Obviously it's more value if there are fewer players and/or some of the players just don't plain show-up (which strikes me as likely...happens a lot in freerolls).

Read the fine print. The prize pool for the Supernovas goes up $2K every month. If it averages 100 players in each event, you get $100 in equity the first month, $120 the next, $140 the third... $260 equity in December."

I am assuming there will be more super-nova players as the year prgoresses...so while the prize-pool will be larger, there should also be more playing in them.

To Sniper's question...I think the only real incentive to play is AFTER you reach supernova status.
It's at that point that you really start acumulating the points and they begin to get some real value.

You first major tourney entry you are probably getting about 4-5 cents per raked-hand in value.
for your 2nd tourney entry you are probably getting 7-8 cents per raked-hand in value.

So I would rush to Supernova status SO that I could play more (and earn enough FPP's for 2 or 3 tourneys...WSOP, EPT, PCA, whatever).

I kind of look at the first 100k raked-hands as just the 'qualifier' part. It's just the part to get out of the way so that you can get into all the groovy freerolls and get to what are REALLY the best parts of the club.